Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Progress Update - 152lbs




Start 158 Current 152 Goal 108

Still on track, scales still moving in the right direction.

You would not believe how insanely healthy I've been eating. It's scary, really.

The amazing thing is that I am FULL all day long and pretty much eat whatever I want for dinner. And yes, even have the occasional brownie or piece of candy. I'm not following any particular diet plan, at least not one that's written in a book somewhere. At the moment I'm just following my own ideas about what's good for ME.

Maybe when I get a month or so into this (successfully) I'll sit down and write out exactly what I'm doing. For the most part though it's just A LOT of fresh fruits and veggies.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

3 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...

108???! That's kind of harsh isn't it?

Carol ReMarks said...

oh and by the way, when I eat healthy like this I eat all day long; like every two hours but I don't feel full by any means. Perhaps I'm eating the wrong thing. Hey, use this website thedailyplate.com or livestrong.com to record your food intake and record exercise. you can set goals too. I use it and it's cool.

Minima said...

Well, I'm small boned and I'm only 5 feet tall. Most charts give my ideal weight between 104 and 115. I thought 108 was a reasonable compromise! LOL! In all honesty at this point I'd be just fine with 115.

I weighed between 96 and 100 pounds until I was 25, and between 100 and 115 until I was 35 (but I wasn't very fit or happy at 115). I was just sort of going off that and giving myself a few pounds for being in my 40s.

I'm eating A LOT of raw fruits & veggies during the day w/ just a tiny amount of protein. Very, very high fiber - I almost always have 25g in before I even eat dinner. I think that's why I'm always full.

(But I had to run errands all day today so I cheated & had a Slimfast for breakfast & now I'm STARVING!)

I use fitday.com to keep track of things & nutritiondata.com double check info & to easily compare foods (you know, "which fish has more vitamin d in it? should I have a kiwi fruit or a plum?".

I've tried DailyPlate in the past & Livestrong recently but I have so many custom foods stored in fitday that it's hard to make the switch at this point! Maybe I'll try to get things switched over by the end of the month because fitday can get on my nerves sometimes - they do have obviously inaccurate info on occasion.

 

©2009 Minimally Me | by TNB