Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Alaska Senator Ted Stephens has been indicted on corruption charges.
It's about damned time. Resign now, Ted!

Oh, did you notice the lack of respect in the way that addressed him not just by his first name but ignoring his title as well? Lack. Of. Respect.

Do the decent thing, Ted, resign now and give your party time to put up a good candidate for November.

People like Senator Stephens (he of the Bridge to Nowhere fame) have been pushing fiscally conservative voters like me out of the Republican party for some time now. I fully expect Senator John McCain (a fiscal conservative himself) to jump on excoriating Stephens, and if/when he does, good for him.

Shocked because I sorta complimented McCain? I don't blame you. But although I'm not a fan of Senator McCain I will give him credit where credit is due. He does talk a good game when it comes to fiscal conservatism.

Here's wishing the people of Alaska the best of luck in filling Ted's seat with a decent human being. Whether a Republican or Democrat, I'll be happy with more fiscal conservatives in Congress. I'm not partial to any particular party at this point.

0 comments:

 

©2009 Minimally Me | by TNB