Friday, July 3, 2009

My "diet"

I don't actually believe in diets. Not that they don't exist (in fact there are far too many of them) but I just don't think that they work. Being "on" a diet means that you eventually go "off" the diet, usually in some unplanned way. Just by starting a diet you're just setting yourself up for failure eventually. I think instead you have to make up your mind to adopt healthy eating and exercise habits for life.

If only it were that easy, right?

Anyway, here's my daily plan (based on nothing but my own limited knowledge and personal preferences):

1. 5 to 6 small meals per day
2. The majority of those meals will be raw fruits and veggies
3. Limit meat consumption in all except the final meal of the day
4. Walk, walk, and walk some more
5. 30 min of exercise
6. 8 hours of sleep

Of course I reserve the right to tweak the plan as I go.

0 comments:

 

©2009 Minimally Me | by TNB