Friday, July 17, 2009

7/17 Food Diary

The last few days have been busy crazy and I've been logging my food on Fitday just at the end of the evening. I've found that not writing things down as I eat them has made me lazy about my food choices. Though the scale is holding steady at 152lbs I'm disappointed in the lack of weight loss progress and of course I have no one to blame but myself.

Anyway at least for today I'm going to post what I eat here. Accountability, people!

[Post updated through out the day.]

Breakfast

cafe cubano with whole milk (6 ounces) - sorry, I'm just not a skim milk person and normally I don't do coffee but this was just one of those days.

pink grapefruit (8 ounces)

Fruit Smoothie
2 apples (8 ounces)
2 plums (6 ounces)
blueberries (4 ounces)

Lunch

Veggie Smoothie
1 tomato (5 ounces)
1 lg broccoli floret (1 ounce)
1 lg cauliflower floret (1 ounce)
1 carrot (3 ounces)
2 lemons (3 ounces)

572 calories and 20 grams of fiber so far for the day. I completely forgot to eat any lean protein but I'm full and feeling good at the moment so I'm not going to worry about it for now.

Dinner

Homemade spaghetti with whole wheat pasta
1/2 bread stick

Final Totals

922 calories with 28 grams of fiber | 72% carbs 17% fat 12% protein

Okay, obviously I shouldn't have skipped that protein during the day. Tomorrow I promise to start the day with a protein shake instead of the Cuban coffee and I'll try to fit in a few ounces of chicken breast here and there. The complete lack of veggies for dinner is shameful. I was going to make a salad but Golf Guy showed up early and said that he was starving. He said he didn't care about the salad so I didn't take the time to make one.
:: hangs head in shame ::
I promise that if I'm the slightest bit hungry before bed I'll shovel in some fresh spinach! But honestly, I'm absolutely stuffed right now.

So that's it, I think it's a pretty typical day for me except for the complete lack of more veggies for dinner and maybe a Greek yogurt for desert. I usually manage to get all my RDAs of vitamins and minerals EXCEPT for Vitamin D, E, calcium and iron. I have a real problem with Vitamin D and iron. I guess that should be the next thing I try to fix.

How about you? Do you have any tips or tricks for getting in all of your nutrients?

0 comments:

 

©2009 Minimally Me | by TNB